May starts my GLDiv travel season in earnest. After going to Pittsburgh International Race Complex (PIRC) for an HST towards the end of April, I plan on going to the inaugural Enduro event at Nelson Ledges (NL that will be held 5/21, 5/22. NL has dumped a lot of capital into the facility and I look forward seeing the results. I can’t wait to see what the Enduro race has to offer. It should be quite exciting.
Video Conference Meetings:
- Club Racing Board (CRB) (4/5): With more 600cc motors in F500, the name of the class has been changed to F600. That will take effect on 1/1/13. A discussion about who is responsible for proving illegality was held. Changes to that wording may be forthcoming. More work was done on the face-to-face meeting to be held in July. The results of CRB rules changes can be seen here.
- Electrified Vehicle Advisory Committee (EVAC) (4/13): The committee received some feedback on its prototype rules package and the revision process has begun. We are also nearly finished with a package for Production cars as well as a package for formula cars. We continue to the revision process of the SCREV as well.
- Formula/Sports Race Advisory Committee (FSRAC) 4/20): A few members of the EVAC met with the FSRAC during their monthly meeting. We each had questions for the other about the prototype rules package we sent them. Consensus was gained through discussion and our package was moved forward.
- Board of Directors (BoD) (4/25): I updated the Board on EVAC (see above). We continued to prepare for our face-to-face meeting in Kansas City in July. We’re working on a revised document control system as well. We are in the middle of an outside audit and all appears to be going well there.
- NCR @ VIR (HST) (4/8-4/10): Windy and cold…..brrrrr. While it was snowing here, it wasn’t much better down at VIR. In addition to the nasty weather, the weekend was marred by several incidents which caused full course yellows, black flag alls, and even some red flags. Once again, going to other race venues makes me appreciate how good we have it here in GLDiv.
- I have updated my calendar on the GLDiv website with events I’d like to go to this season. Click here to see where I’ll be this summer.
Be sure and visit the GLDiv website for information about all of the SCCA programs within the division. We have schedules, official’s contact info, standings, etc. for all the SCCA programs.
The various national schedules for 2022 are starting to coalesce and they can be found here:
Please take a few minutes and make sure your contact information is accurate in the SCCA database. It’s important to have the correct information there so the club knows how to contact you. Log in to your my.scca.com page and check.
As I mentioned previously, there is a new path to getting your annual waiver. You can now get it through the Member Account Portal (MAP). Follow this link to get the instructions. There is also a story about the program here. I’ve done it and it only takes a couple of minutes. Be prepared to upload a headshot picture of yourself.
Just a quick reminder, if any region out there wants to have an “Ask the Director” session during your monthly meetings, please do not hesitate to contact me so we can schedule a visit. I retired last summer so have plenty of free time and would thoroughly enjoy the chance to visit with your members.
Thank you for your time and I look forward to hearing from you soon. Please feel free to contact me with any questions or comments you may have about any facet of the GLDiv. I want you to make the most of your membership and I will help out in any way possible to make that happen.