Don’t forget to mark your 2024 calendar for the Double Divisional, Todd Cholmondeley ITSpec*tacular races at Mid-Ohio Sports Car Course on July 13-14. Exact track times and groupings are not yet set, but some highlights are:
- Compete on both the club and the pro course configurations
- The divisional races on Saturday and Sunday count for the GLD Divisional Championship
- They are also qualifying races for the run-offs, this year at Road America in Elkhart Lake, WI.
- Time permitting, there will be a one-hour bracket race, where drivers with cars of any class compete against each other, based on the “time bracket” they have posted in their regular class groupings
- Exclusive session of ITB, ITC, and B-Spec cars, for an exciting and very competitive race each day
- Possibility of early end time on Sunday so you can get home earlier
- Similar trophies to 2023 and 2022 – Acrylic plaque with wooden stand (must claim at the track), and personalized plaque to be mailed after the event
I have been told by countless volunteer workers that this is THE race to come to. We always try to make it as special as possible. We can always use help to support the racers and get you up close and personal with the cars and drivers or get you out on a corner where the action is. We’ll also feed the volunteers lunch on Saturday and Sunday, and dinner on Saturday. In fact, if you have entered and run in the Friday
Track Event, stick around to work on Saturday and/or Sunday. You will earn a $25/day rebate on your entry fee. Other races at Mid-Ohio are May 17-19, August 10-11, and October 12-13. If you want to be involved and try out different specialties, email firstname.lastname@example.org and I’ll get you hooked up with a chief.
Registration will open in the spring.
Christy Graham, Race Chair