Registration will be open as soon as sanction numbers are received from National – for our event, August 2, 3 and 4.
There are several opportunities to participate, something for everyone:
- Track Event on Friday. The Track Event provides the opportunity to any licensed driver to drive their car on the Mid-Ohio track for several 25-minute sessions with coaching from a qualified racer for novices.
- 1 hour Bracket race on Saturday. A competition license is not required for the 1 hour Bracket race on Saturday. You may have two drivers share a car and expenses. This is an opportunity to get some wheel to wheel experience on the beautiful Mid-Ohio course. A minimum of 2 hours documented successful completion of track experience is required to participate.
- This event is a standard double Regional/Division points race weekend. Points count for both Divisional Championship Series and Runoffs qualification.
- Bracket Sprint race Sunday. A competition license is required for this group.
- Opportunities galore to volunteer to help the event run smoothly and get over the fence.
- Worker picnic Saturday night with food, drink and Jell-O “treats”. Live music and worker appreciation awards distributed. Driver are encouraged to attend.
By way of explanation, the bracket groups are scored, not by class but by position in the 2-second bracket time in which your qualifying time falls. If you go faster, you move up to the next faster bracket. Cars must meet SCCA safety requirements but otherwise modifications are basically free – any race tire, any suspension, whatever. The Supplemental Regulations on the registration page will give you more information – or just ask us. https://cincyscca.motorsportreg.com/