Whew….a chance to catch my breath after a VERY busy month of October. November slowed down a bit and not a moment too soon. But, as we all know, the end of one season means the beginning of another. Like you, I’ve already begun to prepare for the 2022 season.
In case you missed it last month, it bears repeating that our divisional Spring meeting will be on Saturday March 5thwith a casual gathering the night before. Details will be announced as they are finalized on the GLDiv website.
Also, headquarters has created an online path to get an annual waiver (hard card). This is a great step forward and can eliminate the signing of all SCCA waivers (not track or site waivers). I’ve done it and it takes only a couple of minutes. Be prepared to upload a headshot picture of yourself. I’ll have more details next month.
Video Conference Meetings:
- Club Racing Board (CRB) (11/2): The first meeting after the Runoffs can be quite lengthy as there are scores of requests from the driver corps. The results can be seen here.
- Electrified Vehicle Advisory Committee (EVAC) (11/3): A few of the EVAC met to walk through additions to another rules set.
- EVAC (11/10): The “regular” EVAC meeting was held tonight. We continued work on other rules sets.
- Rally Cross Board (RXB) (11/16): The RXB is rewriting some of their rules package so we went over the details. This meeting lasted 4.5 hours.
- BoD (11/17): We held a special meeting to review the qualifications for the replacement Director that was to come from Area 11. Jason Isley has moved to FL so he is resigning his position and the BoD picks his replacement. As we are meeting in Kansas City on 12/3, our normally scheduled meeting (11/22) has been cancelled.
- As the competition season is over for most of our specialties, I did not attend any SCCA events this past month.
November has me, once again, driving to Kansas City, MO for another BoD meeting (11/30-12/6). I’ll use the trip to visit some family who lives nearby in Lawrence, KS and a friend who lives near St. Louis, MO.
Thank you for your time and I look forward to hearing from you soon. Please feel free to contact me with any questions or comments you may have about any facet of the GLDiv. I want you to make the most of your membership and I will help out in any way possible to make that happen.