Wow…. January was quite a month for me.….so much for the “off season”. The holidays were nice as the OU Sooners and MSU Spartans both won their bowl games. In addition to the usual monthly fare, I was tasked with preparing a presentation for the SCCA National Convention on the Electrified Vehicle Advisory Committee (EVAC). As a sales rep, I’m used to speaking to folks but doing it via Zoom was different and I was nervous leading up to doing it. It turned out great and you can view the session on YouTube by clicking here.
Elsewhere in the Division, in case you missed it last month, it bears repeating that our divisional Spring meeting will be on Saturday March 5th with a casual gathering the night before. Details will be announced as they are finalized on the GLDiv website.
Last month I mentioned that there is a new path to getting your annual waiver. You can now get it through the Member Account Portal (MAP). Follow this link to get the instructions. There is also a story about the program here. I’ve done it and it takes only a couple of minutes. Be prepared to upload a headshot picture of yourself.
The various national schedules for 2022 are starting to coalesce and they can be found here:
Pro Solo/National Tour, Time Trials National Tour, Hoosier Super Tour, Enduro.
Video Conference Meetings:
- Club Racing Board (CRB) (1/4): The CRB has a new Chair this year and he wants to run things a little differently. This change in structure meant we had more time to discuss topics on a deeper level. The results can be seen here.
- Electrified Vehicle Advisory Committee (EVAC) (1/12): Our discussion on rules sets, track relationships and safety continued. We continued to work on the convention presentation.
- BoD (1/24): Our meeting was pretty standard fare. Unfortunately, in addition to the usual stuff, we had to discuss a couple of member complaint letters that were sent to the CRB. The writers made allegations that needed to be discussed at the highest levels. As this is a sensitive topic, I cannot elaborate here. We also discussed the IT tire rule. I lead the charge against making this change. It was too broad and we asked the CRB to try again.
- EVAC SCCA Convention Presentation (1/27): The EVAC was asked to give a presentation during the convention about what we’ve accomplished and where we’re heading. To view it, click here.
- As the competition season is over for most of our specialties, I did not attend any SCCA events this past month. I have updated my calendar on the GLDiv website with events I’d like to go to this season. Click here to see where I’ll be this summer.
If any region out there wants to have an “Ask the Director” session during your monthly meetings, please do not hesitate to contact me so we can schedule a visit. I retired last summer so have plenty of free time and would thoroughly enjoy the chance to visit with your members.
Thank you for your time and I look forward to hearing from you soon. Please feel free to contact me with any questions or comments you may have about any facet of the GLDiv. I want you to make the most of your membership and I will help out in any way possible to make that happen.